Thursday, October 6

Things I Don't Know

1. How to grill a piece of meat using charcoal in a big-ass bbq pit.

2. How I got to be 46 years old and don't know how to grill a piece of meat using charcoal in a big-ass bbq pit.

3. Where the joy filled woman child went and if she is ever coming back.

4. Why sheets have to be folded just so or they sprounge out of the closet.

5. How to fix a door knob that will no longer turn...this is especially vexing when you have just enjoyed a hot shower, gone to open the door to your bedroom and realized the doorknob won't turn...which leads to other things I don't know...

5.a. Just how much is the repairman going to enjoy making a house call with me in my bathrobe?

5.b. How long can Mocha hold her water on the other side of the door?

5.c Would it help if I removed the framing around the door?

5.d. On this side of the door is food, water, bathroom, TV and the outdoors...on the other side is my dog, bed, computer, clothes, photos, jewlery, journals, etc... if I had to make a choice, which side would I live on?

I don't know the answers to 1 - 5c which is exactly why it's "things I don't know", but 5d is a no brainer, I go for what's behind the door. Mocha and I can always crawl through the window to freedom.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hope you figure out 1-5 sometimes old doors have a button near latch on inside of frame (hard to explain) and some have a release on knob itself. Not sure which type you might have - but I remember the KEY man from OH would be happy to come rescue you especially if you were in your bath towel.

Finding the Happy said...

Ahhh...freedom. We poked and prodded and held our mouths just right and the door opened. Good thing...our trusty repairman is in Louisiana helping rebuild homes.