Saturday, October 8

Rant at HP

OK...so you've noticed no pictures lately on my blog...only words. I've been grappling with Customer Service at HP for about a month trying to get my camera fixed. I've literally been passed around the globe...starting in India, passing through Houston, TX and onward to customer service destinations unknown.

A kind soul who read my blog and actually works for HP (yes, it's a tiny world) tried to help by escalating my issue up the corporate chain of concern. I was encouraged...someone on the inside pulling for me...an ally...someone with the pass key that would magically open the door to customer satisfaction.

Well, after some rather tedious and off-putting exchanges with the "Executive Customer Service" representative at HP, they've told me my only option is to buy a new camera. I don't want to buy a new camera...I like, no love, my HP camera. It takes really great pictures, it's easy to use and has killer features. Why can't they just fix it? You know what they told me? The don't fix cameras at HP. They actually design, market and sell a product with no intention of supporting it. THAT'S JUST WRONG and as a consumer, I cannot purchase products from a company that doesn't support its product or its customers.

So, this being my blog with the potential to reach anyone on the planet, here's a sample of what my camera is doing (notice the blue vertical and horizontal lines). If you have had a similar problem or know how to fix it...I'd sure appreciate you letting me know.

No comments: