Saturday, October 15

Insanity or Multi-Tasking

A commercial for a local business caught my attention the other day. I normally don't pay attention to commercials, but I've found the ones produced locally (Middle Tennessee) have a flavor I've not tasted elsewhere. So....back to the commercial...it was for a company called Dental Bliss. Yes, Dental and Bliss together. I had to pay attention to see where this was going. OK...this dental practice is inside a chalet-style building and in addition to regular dental care, you can partake of facials, massages, sit next to a roaring fire as you sip wine and listen as a pianist fills the cavernous waiting room with calming melodies (show tunes perhaps?). There's a coffee bar, an internet cafe and landscaped walking paths with babbling brooks.

Two thoughts occur to me as this sinks in...have we truly become such an anxiety-stricken society that in order to be coaxed to go to the dentist, it has to be wrapped in spa clothing or is it multi-tasking at its finest?

You be the judge. Here' a link to their website. Is it me or does the dentist look like he's had just a little too much laughing gas? http://www.dentalbliss.com

No comments: