Wednesday, July 1

Haiku Contest

Hello pals of mine! We've been without a contest at Texas2Tennessee for quite some time. I guess I was waiting for the right image to come along and lo and behold it appeared in my garden this very day.

I've offered a haiku to capture my delight in picking the first ripe tomato of the season. Your challenge is to craft one of your very own. Please leave it in comments along with a link to your contact information.

Haiku rules are a 5-7-5 syllable rhythm, i.e. the first line has 5 syllables, second line has 7 syllables, third line has 5 syllables. There are other pesky rules, but I want you to be able to create freely.

The prize...a home baked pie of your choosing. I know you out-of-towners are at a disadvantage but I'll be fair and we'll figure out a way to get a pie to you if you win!

Ok...have at it! The deadline is Monday, July 5th.


first of the season
tomato jubilation
boy, is my face red*


*Is that a tomato in your pocket or are you just glad to see me?

My apologies to Mae West.

3 comments:

Quigley said...

Mater Earth round ripe
reddening in July heat
awaits soft white bread

Maria said...

glides into aqua
a hot knife slices butter
cold water sizzles

(My daughter at the swim meet)

neighbor jo said...

men all around dead
only a tomatoe feed
can satisfy now