Sunday, August 17

Sunday Snapshots

This morning, it was 60 chilly degrees when Mocha and I stepped outdoors. Since Creation was being so accommodating, I loaded the journal, pen and camera into the golf cart and drove as deep into the woods as possible.


There's a saying I've heard since moving here, "If you stand still long enough Tennessee will grow right over you." How this translates into the outdoor experience is, when not locked in the snapping jaws of drought, you are surrounded by a monochromatic expanse of green. As I walked in the woods, the slightest variation in the predominant palette caught my eye.


Here are a few Sunday Snapshots proving that Mother Nature does reward the attentive observer.


Red berries = birdfood

The absence of color in this fungi is colorful against the forest floor.

A sugar maple bloom?

No comments: