I will personally bake you a pan of mouth-watering brownies and send them to you if you know the definition of this word...without benefit of looking it up:
I'll even give you the sentence it appeared in:
With my inexhaustible supplies of Elitch I daily dive again into these dim regions, and crawl to the surface with the stub of a pencil, sweating, to record what I have observed.
Here are the contest rules:
1. You are on the honor system about sneaking a peak at the definition...if you cheat, I will know it and poison your brownies!
2. You may ask for clues, but I retain the right to refuse to give you one or I may make something up just to throw you off...take your chances.
3. If you are thinking of asking someone to look it up for you...see rule #1
4. If you are thinking of asking someone with a pulse if they know what the word means...see rule #1
5. The contest ends when the first correct response is received as a comment on this blogsite or by my birthday, whichever comes first.
There is a clue to the definition embedded in this Blog. It's subtle and I didn't do it intentionally...but it's there!