Thursday, November 3

One Bear Too Many

So I sat slack-jawed for about 10 minutes after viewing a commerical for Charmin Fresh Mates on TV last night. I'm not a fan of their new ad campaign. I don't get the bears, why they would sidle up to a tree to do their business and why they would even need to use Charmin products.

Last night, I was appalled at the use of the word "behind" as a metaphor and even more appalled when they used toothpaste on the back of someone's hand to demonstrate how much cleaner the skin was after using a Fresh Mate as compared to regular toilet tissue.

Whatever happended to loveable Mr. Whipple? Now that was a guy who could sell some toilet paper.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

OK, that's it, you have had enough TV!

Finding the Happy said...

LOL...TV is off...now I'm tackling the stack of books I want to read.

Finding the Happy said...

Welcome Helen. Pull up a chair a stay a while. There are lots of great retreat centers around the US. You can find out about the one I referred to in a previous blog by visiting www.penuelridge.org.

Happy Blog surfing!