Saturday, September 24

Up the Creek without a Paddle

What does a canoe oar and a Jeep Grand Cherokee have to do with one another? Apparantly, it's a "must have" tool when attempting to get your Jeep started.

This was quite a site...a cherry red Jeep Grand Cherokee with the hood up with 3 or 4 lesbians standing around looking at the engine and 1 woman had literally crawled under the hood, canoe oar in hand, jamming it down the back side of the engine...like this was...oh, I don't know...normal! After a few intentional blows with the oar, she crawled down, they all piled in the Jeep, started the engine and drove away.

Now, I'm a girl who's pretty handy with tools. I own tools. I use tools. I like tools. I don't have a canoe oar in my tool box or in the back of my car...maybe I should.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The paddle part is optional, it's the long stick-y part you need. I used to carry a broomstick, minus the brushy part, to whack on my starter solenoid when it would stick. It was also useful as a pry bar, along with a short piece of galvanized pipe, when a wrench needed a longer handle.

Finding the Happy said...

Thanks David...I had no idea! Do you suppose the automobile industry could use this example as another reason to go hybrid?