Friday, September 23

Bird of Paradise

Tonight, I went to a landmark in Nashville...the Bluebird Cafe. It's a tiny little dive, cramped, dark, bad food, but what a banquet of music! When we entered, the place was packed. We sat at a table with total strangers (not for long). I scanned the room and from the looks of the sophisticated lights hanging from the ceiling, I thought we were in for one throw down drag show...but I was wrong. In the middle of the room was a simple set up; four chairs facing each other, four microphones and a spotlight. It was singer/songwriter/acoustic night and for 2 hours, they took turns playing their original music, more for each other than for us.

I won't name drop, but some pretty famous people were discovered at The Blue Bird. I don't know if any of these young, struggling songwriters will one day be in the spotlight, but for tonight, they were in ours and it was mighty fine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The Blue Bird is very cool! I hope you had a wonderful birthday!