Thursday, May 18

A Surly Sentiment

Driving back from town to the Retreat Center I closed in on a short line of cars going very slow on a road that usually clips along at 50 mph. As the ribbon of cars bent around a curve, I spied the culprit, a John Deere tractor in the lead. I settled into my seat, expecting to poke along for the 5 or so miles I had left to travel. The folks ahead of me must have been anxious to get home for as soon as the double yellow lines became single, they zipped around the tractor at break neck speed. When it was my turn to pass, the road was seeing double again, so I had a front seat behind Mr. John Deere, with its large air-conditioned cab and tinted windows.

Glistening in the light of the setting sun, I noticed very large lettering on the back window of the cab which read:

GOD BLESS AMERICA.....



AND THE FARMER THAT FEEDS YOUR FAT ASS.

1 comment:

TUFFENUF said...

Excellent! I wish you'd had your camera with you!