Monday, May 8

Blogiddy, Blog, Blog, Blog

It isn't because I haven't had anything to say...
It isn't because I don't adore each of you who peek through my window to the world...
It isn't because this process has grown tedious or boring or time-consuming...
It's simply a matter of placing my energies where they serve me best.

The emergence of Spring in Middle Tennessee has been nothing short of spectacular. After hunkering down in multiple layers of clothes in front of the fireplace for 2-3 months, I've been spending every possible moment outdoors. Doing what you ask? For starters...

1. Breathing
2. Listening
3. Stretching
4. Looking up
5. Looking down
6. Looking left
7. Looking right
8. Basking in the sun
9. Climbing
10. Sitting

Every day Mocha and I hike (almost every day) and the transformation of the trails from barren to explosions of fragile and feathery foliage and blossoms have captivated me.

I'm accustomed to wildflowers you can see easily from the back seat of a car barrelling 70 miles an hour down the interstate. It takes a big, bold, garrish Texas wildflower to pull that off.

Wildflowers in Middle Tennessee are different. I had been walking past a horde of wildflowers without realizing the banquet of flora in my path. They are subtle. At first look, you can't even see them. Then, as you let your focus relax, suddenly, they come into view and you realize within a 2-3 foot radius, you are seeing 4 or 5 different wildflowers. Trout lillies, spurge, trillium, purple, yellow and white violets, etc...

It's been a wonderful experience and rather than prattle on and on, straining for yet another adjective, I'll let the pictures speak for themselves.

No comments: