Sunday, November 6

I Wonder

For the past few years, a word has swirled around me, biting at my ankles. It peppered conversation, appeared in random quotes, during tarot readings and in meditation. I couldn't get away from it, would cover my ears to keep from hearing it and was genuinely angry that all these indicators were flashing, like a buzzing, garish neon light. The word is patience.

I realized sitting here watching the sun come up that I haven't heard, spoken or seen the word in print since I moved to the Ridge. I wonder if it's because I can now walk in patience or if I moved to an environment where I don't need to exercise patience? Could patience be lurking around the corner waiting to jump out at me? I would like to believe I've learned this difficult life lesson, but I wonder.

No comments: